Friday, January 2, 2015

Last Day of Christmas Break

It's kind of the last day of the break, not really since we do still have the weekend, but no more working on the classroom. This time, I mean it!

I wasn't going to go in today, but then I did. I finished filing the students' portfolio paperwork. Luckily, most of it was collected in alphabetical order, which made it much easier to file than I had anticipated. Also, the drawer is easier to file in due to having more space to move the files. They were getting pretty squished in the file box.

In addition, I put an anchor chart poster up that can be changed as needed. Right now, there's a little story (beginning, middle, end).

After all that, I put the homework pages out and gathered up the copying that needs to be done for next week. I'll make sure that I go in early on Monday so that I copy everything and put the homework folders together. Now I just need to get a week ahead with the copying so that I can have one of the aides work on it. One less thing to do will be great, especially since I just lost my homework volunteer :(