Friday, September 24, 2010

Welcome!

Hi! This is my second year teaching art, although I will be teaching 1-4 grade art this year, instead of K-6 art & music. I love how creative my students are and watching them gain confidence through the creative process. You can look forward to some fun/interesting projects in many different mediums/genres. Again this year, we will be having an art show. It is titled Unmasked: the Real Me and is sure to be fabulous!

In 2007, I graduated from the University of Utah with a BA in Art History. I have always loved art and continue to pursue classes in art. In 2009, I graduated from the University of Phoenix with a MAED/TED degree in Elementary Education and am excited to be teaching!

In my free time, I enjoy thinking up new art projects, creating wheel thrown pottery, running/rollerblading with friends, shopping, sewing, reading, and traveling. I love learning new things and continue to take classes through different sources. Currently, I'm pursuing both Reading and Math Endorsements and am greatly enjoying my classes.

I hope you feel free to approach me for any reason and would love extra adult help in the classroom as you are able. If you ever need to discuss anything, I am most easily reached by email: ESiglin@alpinedistrict.org. If you would like to conference with me, I would be glad to meet with you before or after school, by email, and/or by phone.

Miss Elaine Siglin